The biggest news and research on clean, local energy in September 2019: electric vehicles and the grid, tough news for nuclear, recording-breaking wind and solar+battery deals, and much more. Read More
Every month, we sift through hundreds of news items and research reports about clean, renewable energy to bring the best ones directly to you. Getting to 100% renewables requires cheap energy storage. But how cheap? According to new research out of MIT, a grid that runs entirely on renewables is more feasible than you might… Read More
Among the top news and analysis in July:
* After months of debate, Ohio nuclear bailout bill becomes law.
* Tesla opens new V3 Supercharger with solar and battery.
* Europe set to race past US in battery manufacturing.
* Energy transition prompts more insurers to back away from coal. Read More
The biggest clean energy news and analysis from June 2019
* Solar has a new way to duck Trump’s tariffs: two-sided panels
* A radical idea to get a high-renewable electric grid
* Renewables to see $10 trillion in investments through 2050
* Trump administration finalizes revamp of Obama-era coal rule
* More Headlines Read More
*The US tops 2 million solar installations
* Renewables to top coal generation for first time in April/May
* Floating solar panels excel where land is scarce Read More
* Clean energy generation tops coal in Spring 2019
* Batteries are a clean energy technology that both political parties can love
* Explosion at Arizona grid storage project Read More
Record-breaking March headlines:
* battery prices plummetted 35% in 2018 along with record deployments
* biggest virtual power plant
* lowest price solar deal in US? Read More
February headlines: the Green New Deal, corrupt coal lobbies, the biggest solar battery ever built, and the culprit behind California’s devastating Camp Fire wildfire, and much more! Read More
Washington, DC has rediscovered the climate. Democratic rising star, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is championing the New Green Deal. We take a look inside this climate manifesto to see what’s really there and whether it can be a blueprint for a clean energy future. Read More
Clean energy headlines from January:
* Corporate clean energy purchases in 2018 shattered all previous records.
* Tesla Model 3 outsold every other luxury vehicle in 2018.
* Germany gets more energy from renewables than coal in 2018.
* US Government predicts clean energy will dominate grid buildouts in 2019. Read More